The Making of The Burning Light of Two Stars
Yes, I want to receive The Making of a Memoir blog.
Here's How a Book is Made
Now that I've finished The Burning Light of Two Stars and am deep into the publication process, I've started a weekly blog that explores what it took to write the book, and also documents what it takes to produce a book, create an audiobook, and prepare for a book launch.
People who aren't authors have no idea what goes into creating a book. The Burning Light of Two Stars blog will include:
- notes from coaching sessions with actual editors
- early drafts of scenes as well as scenes that ended up on the cutting room floor-and I'll tell you why
- intimate explorations that document the creative process
- entertaining accounts of what publishing is really like
Throughout the series, I'll frame these posts with reflections and writing tips from my thirty-five-year career as an author and decades as a writing teacher. So hopefully, you'll not just get to peek behind the curtain, you'll also gain some tangible skills that will be beneficial in your own writing and storytelling.
To receive the series in your inbox, sign up here:
You'll also receive these free bonuses:
- A sneak peek at some deleted scenes from the book, like the time Laura dropped acid with her father.
- Writing Toward Courage: A Thirty-Day Practice, a free downloadable eBook I created to help people meet life's toughest challenges
- Weekly writing prompts to inspire you whether you consider yourself a writer or not
- Updates from me whenever I'm inspired to write them
You can unsubscribe at any time.