We are excited to travel with you soon! And we are thankful you’ve chosen us for your adventure in Italy. The well-being of our community of travelers, guides, locals, hosts, and partners remains our priority. In light of COVID-19, we want you to clearly understand our COVID-related policies, as well as your responsibilities and commitment to our collective well-being.
Importantly, in choosing to participate, each of you must carefully review and sign a Supplemental COVID Addendum to the Terms and conditions.
As you’re aware, COVID-19 is a serious virus with potentially life-threatening consequences, and we cannot guarantee a COVID-19 free environment. The risk of contracting COVID-19 or any other communicable or contagious disease is an inherent risk of social exposure and travel, even for those who have been fully vaccinated. As we endeavor to manage risks, including those associated with COVID-19, we recognize that our participants are critical partners in this effort.
It is important that you respect and abide by these policies and procedures. Some of these policies we will plan and prepare for. In other cases, we will stay current with changing information and may amend these policies, as appropriate, or as required by authorities.
Here’s what we’re asking from you:
- Provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 at least 14 days prior to departure.
- Familiarize yourself with Italy’s safety protocols and requirements before traveling. Since these are in a state of flux, the most up-to-date information can be found here. Be sure to check periodically to be aware of changes to these policies and requirements.
- If you’re traveling to and from the U.S., stay up to date on protocols and requirements for travelers entering and leaving the US as well. You can find those at: https://it.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/. If you are traveling from another country, we ask that you stay abreast of changing protocols and requirements for your country.
- It is expected that travelers will need to provide COVID-19 test results to the airline before boarding at the point of departure.
- Participants should be prepared to pay the cost of a COVID test for both entry into Italy and return to their home country, should it be required. Your negative test results upon entry to Italy should be kept in a safe place should you have to show them again.
- Allow ample time on your return flights from Italy to allow time for required COVID testing and results. Antigen rapid testing may be available at the Villa on the last day should you need it for your travels. Testing will be at an additional cost. There are also other rapid testing sites in Florence should you need it later (tests range between $30 to $100). Results may be obtained as soon as 30 minutes in some instances.
- We strongly recommend booking your flights through a reputable travel agent so that you can be sure that your plans meet the shifting requirements for travel during this time. This includes being aware of the rules and requirements of any country you may be transiting through. Booking flights online through discount websites where there are few or no recourses for customers is definitely not recommended in this time of uncertainty.
Key to our success will be our partnership with our participants. The risks of COVID-19 transmission to anyone, including you, can occur both in the trip community and in your home community as you move into, and then out of trip, even if you are fully vaccinated – with your actions potentially impacting both communities. As a result, participants share in the responsibility for their own and others’ well-being. In that regard, we ask that you make a commitment to honor the COVID-19 precautions not only when you are on our trip, but also before you arrive and after you depart. You are then partnering as an active risk manager in an effort to assist both communities.
We also ask you to disclose to us before the trip starts, whether, within the prior fourteen days, you have exhibited any COVID-19 or flu-like symptoms or been exposed to anyone known to have COVID-19. We appreciate your cooperation here.
We will work to maintain open lines of communication with you and will be updating you as to any modifications in our COVID trip policies before your arrival and upon arrival. Please contact Graseilah at email@example.com if you have questions.
We look forward to enjoying our Italian adventure together!
Travel Insurance & Covid
Travel Insurance is required for this trip. At a minimum, you need insurance to cover the standard $1,000,000 medical evacuation coverage, trip cancellation, trip interruption and trip delay coverage, $100,000 in medical coverage including hospitalization due to COVID-19, and if available in your state, coverage that will cover you should you need to quarantine.
You should not buy the add-on travel insurance offered when you buy your airline tickets. Also, do not assume that the travel policy that may be included as part of your credit card benefits will be adequate or provide everything you need.
It’s essential that you do your own due diligence because policy provisions vary by company, state, and depend on your age, and sometimes pre-existing conditions. You can have a travel agent arrange for your insurance or you can do your own research—but do your research.
These are some of the questions you’ll want ask:
- Under what circumstances can I cancel my trip and have it be fully refunded?
- Will the insurer refund the full cost of my trip and all travel costs if I have a positive COVID test before I embark? What documentation and evidence are necessary to claim this benefit?
- What if I have to quarantine in the country I’m visiting, am returning to, or are transiting through? What will and won’t I be covered for?
- What if a country I am traveling to, through, or from changes their policies immediately before or during my trip?
- If 70 or older, do you cover travelers 70 and older?
- What about my pre-existing conditions? What do I need to know?
Also, important to note:
- In most instances, insurance MUST be purchased within 14-21 days of your first booking date if you want the pre-existing exclusion to be waived.
- Some companies may treat COVID-19 like any other illness, but not all insurance companies do. Some companies exclude coverage for COVID-19—which will not provide adequate coverage for this trip. Please be sure to ask.
- If your country requires a mandatory test on return or departure, these are not covered by insurance, but will need to be paid out of pocket.
- Cancel for any reason or interrupt for any reason insurance is also available, but it is expensive.
- Be sure to remain flexible with other travel arrangements. You should have the ability to change or cancel your hotel and airline reservations if needed. Special internet deals, promotional airfares, or reservations from discounted online travel engines will not be appropriate.
- Your initial deposit for this trip is not refundable. After March 1, 2022, the only refunds offered for this trip will be through travel insurance. Trip protection insurance is the best way to protect your investment. Be sure you understand what your insurance will and won’t cover.